Mike Moo Kung Kim
MBA (Yonsei University), BBA (Dankook University)
Lecturer, Subject Content Coordinator – International Business
Telephone : +62-21-720-2222 ext: 3150
Location : Room 402, 4th floor
BINUS International, JWC Campus, Jl. Hang Lekir I No. 6, Senayan, Jakarta, Indonesia
Mike Mookung Kim has worked in various industries for more than 10 years. During that period, his works were related to international trading, business consulting and education industries. Before starting his academic career, he had practical working experiences as senior manager and head of finance in Hong Kong, Shanghai, and South Korea. He worked as consultant for Asian and US corporations since 2011. He gained professional knowledge and practical skills of finance and international management during his time in global consulting firm.
- 2008 Master of Business Administration, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea.
- 2006 Bachelor of Business Administration, Dankook University, Seoul, South Korea.
- International Trade, Political economy, Emerging markets(ASEAN), Competitive strategy, management education
- Global Business Environment
- Exporting and Importing
- Strategic Management
- Management Control System
Publications and Conferences
- Hutagaol-Martowidjojo, Y. & Kim. M. K. (2019). Pre-IPO Accrual Quality and Under-pricing in the Indonesian Market. Paper accepted at the Conference on International Issues in Business and Economics Research 2019, in Malang, Indonesia. 2-3, September, 2019.
- Talaue, G, F. & Kim. M. K. (2019). Investigating the English language advantage in the Indonesian workplace and its implications to EMI education. Paper presented at the 17th Asia TEFL International Conference, Bangkok, Thailand. 26-29 June, 2019.
- Kim. M. K. & Soepriyanto, G. (2018), To Relocate or not to Relocate? A Case Study of Korean Garment Manufacturing Company in Indonesia. Paper presented at the 5th International Conference of Management, Hospitality and Accounting (IMHA), Jakarta, Indonesia. 4-6 September, 2018.
- Talaue, G. F. & Kim. M. K. (2018), Teaching Competency for Business Educators: A Framework for Quality Assessment within Higher Education Institutions in ASEAN. https://eudl.eu/doi/10.4108/eai.26-1-2019.2283137
Research in Progress
- Hutagaol-Martowidjojo, Y., Kim. M. K. (2019). Earnings Quality and IPO firms performance.
- Kim. M. K. (2019). Foreign Banks’ Mode of Entry: A case study of Korean Bank penetration in Indonesia.
Professional memberships and advisory
- UNCTAD United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
- Asia-Pacific research and training network on trade, United Nations Economics and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
- Korea Trade Investment Promotion Agency
- Korea International Trade Association
- Certified Korean Government Procurement Officer
- Certified Business Consultant
- Corporate Financial Consultant
- Advisory – American Chamber of Commerce in Korea
- Advisory – Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce