The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) is a prestigious professional designation for finance and investment analysts. The examination is conducted once a year every June for Level 2 & 3 exams and twice a year in June and December for Level 1 exams and is facilitated simultaneously worldwide by the CFA® INSTITUTE.
The rapid growth in the investment and financial worlds has spurred the need to create a standard which investors and employers to rely when dealing with investment and financial professionals. The need for this standard has stimulated the growth in the number of CFA® participants since the CFA® program is known for its high standards for course content, integrity, and professionalism.
CFA® standards are recognised internationally. There are many MBA programs and business schools, but there is only one CFA® designation. Some of the organizations that employ CFA® Charter holders are investment and management companies, consulting companies, investment bankers, insurance, pension funds, banks and other financial institutions.
The demand for CFA ® Charter holders is significantly high; in contrast, there are only 100 CFA® Charter holders in Indonesia. There are a number of multinational companies that require at least CFA® Level 1 as a prerequisite for employment for certain professions.
The development of the CFA® Program has been exponential – There are currently 82,000 CFA® Charterholders worldwide.In the United States, the CFA® charter has earned its prestige on the strength of its practical approach and thorough testing on the subject areas covered. Administered for the first time in 1963, the CFA® designation is awarded by the CFA® INSTITUE, and given to the professionals that fulfill these requirements:
- Passed three exam levels (6 hours per exam) on a consecutive basis and within a minimum of three years.
- A minimum work experience of four years in the field of investment decision-making.
- Adherence to the CFA® INSTITUTE Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
As the first university in Indonesia to have an ISO-9001 Certification, BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL employs and implements consistent policies and quality targets. As proof of its commitment to develop the CFA® charter in Indonesia, BINUS holds the CFA®preparation program on all levels (Levels 1, 2, and 3) with over 4,000 participants attending the program since 2002.
Why attend the BINUS Financial Analyst Academy – CFA® Preparation Program ?
- BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL – Executive Education has been the Market Leader since 2002
- BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL – Executive Education is the only provider for Levels 1, 2 and 3 of the CFA®Preparation Program in Indonesia
- The program is taught by CFA® Charterholders and faculty members experienced in their area
CFA® designation holders know that intensive preparation is the only way to successfully pass the CFA® examinations .Worldwide passing rates for Level 1, 2, and 3 for June 2008 were 35%, 46% and 53% respectively. In comparison, passing rates in Indonesia are much lower. It is undeniable that a firm grasp of Level 1 concepts will help the candidate prevail on the examination.
Introduction to CFA® Class
To help candidates that have non-business background, we will hold an introduction for CFA® class for 1 day on 18 January 2014 from 08.15 am – 05.30 pm (4 sessions). This module is used to give and build some background for candidates in order to adapt with the material.
CFA® Level 1Batch 25
There are 2 classes for your choice:
|Intro||27 January – 23 May 2014||25 January – 24 May 2014|
|Day||Mon – Wed – Fri||Saturday|
|Time||06.30 pm – 09.35 pm||08.45 am – 05.35 pm|
CFA® Level 2 Batch 13
Weekend Class only
|Training schedule||08 February – 31 May 2014|
|Time||08.45 am – 05.35 pm|
CFA® Level 3 Batch 9
Weekend Class only
|Training schedule||15 February – 31 May 2014|
|Time||08.45 am – 05.35 pm|
|Introduction to CFA®||Rp. 1.700.000,-|
|CFA® Level 1 Training Program||Rp. 8.600.000,-|
|CFA® Level 1 Training Program + Introduction to CFA®||Rp. 9.300.000,-|
|CFA® Level 2 Training Program (52 sessions)||Rp. 6.900.000,-|
|CFA® Level 3 Training Program (46 sessions)||Rp. 5.700.000,-|
|* 5% less for CFA Level 1 payment before 14 December 2013 or 15% less for BINUSIAN (please submit your copy of BINUSIAN Card). The tuition covers the entire material, handout, lunch/dinner, coffee break and certificate of attendance.|
Staff Members from Professionals and Academicians :
- Christofer Wibisono, MA, CFA – Director, Wijaya Wisesa Group
- Ferdinand Sadeli, MAF, CFA, CPA, FRM, CFOS – CFO, Sinarmas Land
- Ferry Wong, MBA, CFA, FRM, CFOS – Head of Research, Citigroup
- Michael Hadipranoto, CFA, CFP – VP, Ernst & Young
- Pintaro Mulia, CFA, CFOS – Vice President, Avenue Asia
- Rahman Untung, Ak, MBA, CFA – Head of Investment, Panin Life
- Ricky Ichsan, CFA, FRM, CFP, ERMCP, CFOS – Managing Director, One Excellence Advisory
- Ruben Kurniawan, CFA, FRM, CAIA (NISP Sekuritas)
- Santoso Himawan, CFA, FRM – Finance Director, Spectra Alam Sejahtera
- Sugeng Purwanto, PhD , FRM – Independent Director, PT Garuda Food Putra Putri Jaya
- Suryadi Ong, CFA – Treasury, Citibank
- Triono Soedirdjo, CFA – Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Yusuf Ade Winoto, CFA, FRM – Head of Research, OSK Sekuritas
Introduction to CFA® Class
Participants who have non-business back grounds are offered an Introduction to CFA® Class for one day which comprises of four sessions.CFA® Level 1 Preparation Details (15 weeks)
|Ethics and Basic Investment Tools (Quantitative Analysis and Economics)||18 sessions|
|Financial Statement Analysis and C orporate Finance||18 sessions|
|Asset Valuation and Portfolio Management||20 sessions|
|Review Class + Mock Exam & Explanatory||10 sessions|
CFA® Level 2 and 3 Preparation
Level 2 preparation emphasizes on Asset Valuation and Level 3 concentrates on Portfolio Management For participants who seek a better understanding of Asset Valuation or Portfolio Management only, they can directly enroll in either Level 2 or 3 without taking the international exam. Prerequisites in taking the CFA® Exam
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field. In line of a bachelor’s degree (S1), the candidate should have at least four (4) years of relevant working experience.
- Submission of a duly accomplished registration form to the CFA® INSTITUTE along with the exam fee
- Consent to conform with the CFA® INSTITUTE Code of Ethics and Standard of Professional Conduct.
|Topic||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Ethical and Professional Standard||15%||10%||10%|
|Financial Statement Analysis**||28%||25-35%||0%|
* For Level 3, Economics is included in Portfolio Management
** For Level 2, Corporate Finance is included in Financial Statement Analysis
*** For Level 3, Derivatives are included in Portfolio Management together with Market & Instruments, Equity, Debt, Derivatives and Alternative Investments Participants
- CFA® Candidates
- Anyone who wants to improve his/her knowledge of Investment and Finance, including practitioners, professionals, faculty members, and students.
Congratulations to our participants that success to be CFA® Charterholders :
- Bambang Suryanto
- David Fernando Audy
- John Marco Rasjid
- Markus Kasim
- Neda Tanaga
- Nico Sukamto
- Sari Sutopo
- Suganda Wihardjo
- Wike Apriyanto Jufri
- Willy Fu
- Herman Koeswanto
- I Putu Bayu Wisnawa Putra
- Indra A. Suradji
- Peter Paulus Sutedja
- Prisca Angelina Tedja
- Rinaldi Lukita Handaya
- Santoso Himawan
- Tjandra Irawan
The CFA® INSTITUTE does not endorse, promote, review, or warrant the accuracy or quality of BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL – Executive Education or providing CFA® Exam preparation materials or programs, nor does the CFA® INSTITUTE verify pass rates or exam results claimed by such organizations. CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst™ are registered trademarks owned by CFA®INSTITUTE. BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL – Executive Education is not affiliated with the CFA® INSTITUTE and/or its subsidiaries