Excellence in Operations and Supply Chain Management
Operations and Supply Chain Management is a systematic direction and control of the processes that transform inputs into finished goods or services and how to move materials and services to and from the transformation processes of the firm. This course provides knowledge about designing and manufacturing a product and service and then distributing it to customers in order to provide a high-quality product or service with a reasonable cost. It also facilitates learning about how effective operations management becomes a key ingredient of success and how operations and a supply chain integrate with other functions in the company.
This course emphasizes the process of interrelated work activities characterized by specific inputs and value-added tasks that produce specific outputs. This course also explores the key issues associated with the design and management of industrial supply chains.
Experience and impact:
Upon successful completion of this course, participants are expected to be able to:
- Plan and control a firm’s operations;
- Evaluate a firm’s business processes; and
- Propose improvement or create innovative solutions.
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Operations Strategies
- Competing through Operational Excellence
- Competing in Quality and Six Sigma
- Process Analysis
- Supply Chain Collaboration
- Lean Operations and the Toyota Production System (TPS)
- Operations Improvement