Digital Marketing Communication Strategy
Digital marketing strategy: Definition of the approach by which applying digital Technology platforms will support marketing and business objectives.
The importance of the Internet to modern business strategy was underlined by Michael Porter (2001), who famously said: The key question is not whether to deploy Internet technology -companies have no choice if they want to stay competitive- but how to deploy it.
Experience & impact:
After reading this chapter, the reader should be able to:
- Relate digital marketing strategy to marketing and business strategy
- Identify opportunities and threats arising from digital technology platforms
- Evaluate alternative strategic approaches for using digital platforms
- An integrated digital marketing strategy
- A generic strategic approach
- Situation analysis
- Strategic goal setting
- Strategy formulation
- Strategy implementation