BINUS Business School

Project Management for I2RI

Author:  Ahmad Syamil, PhD.

The Indonesia Infrastructure Research and Innovation Institute (I2RI) is an institution that aims to develop world-class leaders and talent, promote world-class management practices, adopt digital technology, and enhance the innovation capabilities of every infrastructure State-Owned Enterprise (BUMN) talent.

Semen Indonesia Group (SIG) as an I2RI coordinator, held a Project Management Online Seminar on June 15, 2023, with speaker Dr. Ahmad Syamil a faculty member of BINUS Business School. According to Dr. Syamil, the main focus of the seminar was on Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM) to accelerate the completion of projects, including those being implemented concurrently, based on the Theory of Constraints created by Dr. Eliyahu Goldratt”.

The seminar was specifically designed for employees of the member companies of the Indonesia Infrastructure Research & Innovation Institute (I2RI) of Indonesian state-owned enterprises (Indonesian: BUMN or Badan Usaha Milik Negara), which included PT Semen Indonesia (Persero) Tbk (SIG), PT Semenbaturaja Tbk (currently part of SIG), PT Hutama Karya (Persero), PT Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk, PT Pembangunan Perumahan (Persero) Tbk, PT Adhi Karya (Persero) Tbk, PT Waskita Karya (Persero) Tbk, PT Brantas Abipraya (Persero), Perum Perumnas, and PT Jasamarga (Persero) Tbk.

The seminar was important as it provided a platform for sharing knowledge and strategies on utilizing Critical Chain Project Management to enhance project efficiency and speed, especially beneficial for infrastructure projects among I2RI member companies. This aligned with the broader goal of fostering innovation, learning, and research capabilities within the BUMNs in the infrastructure sector, contributing to creating world-class leaders and talent.

Around 250 people joined the seminar, underscoring the significant interest and engagement within the member companies of I2RI in adopting innovative project management strategies like CCPM. This attendance reflected the collective commitment of the member BUMNs towards improving project completion times and efficiency, which was crucial for accelerating infrastructure development and innovation within Indonesia.

Whatsapp