I am beyond delighted for the opportunity I got in getting selected as one of the Indonesian undergrads to participate in the NUS Business School Summer Program 2024. Throughout the 26th–28th of June, myself and all my colleagues were brought along through the experience of being an Msc student at the National University of Singapore.

Firstly, we were invited on a company visit to URA Digital Cities, Draper Startup House Caricom, and Oracle Headquarters. What an eye-opening experience I had at each of the visited companies! I’m especially pleased to have met Vikram Bharati, the founder of Drapper Startup, who’s currently working on a virtual, digital-based governance/country called Drapper Nation. I find it particularly interesting due to my personal interest in Web3 and the metaverse.

I learned so much from the lectures on sustainable reporting, negotiation, marketing analytics, and venture capital delivered by Dr. Sean Shin, Prof. Sam Yam, Dr. Kim Da Young, and Dr. Ng Weiyi, respectively. There were so many new insights that I learned about the broad industry as a whole.

In addition, this program has allowed me to connect and network with numerous high-performing fellow students all across Southeast Asia who have shown excellence both academically and in non-academic disciplines. I had the opportunity to share (and expand) my knowledge and perspectives throughout all the discussions.

I want to express my appreciation to NUS Business School for arranging this and for being a wonderful host during the course of the program. Additionally, I want to express my gratitude to BINUS University for letting me represent the university at this event. It was a pleasure to meet and get to know each and every one of you, my fellow participants, and everyone engaged in this program. Until next time! ✨

This testimony is retrieved from Lucyanna Geraldine’s LinkedIn post