Reflecting on my study abroad journey in South Korea, I am inspired to strive for greater impact and personal growth. Over the past 4.5 months, I’ve experienced so much in my dream country, and it still feels surreal. Najwa Shihab once said, “A dream is something that scares you.” The thought of studying in South Korea initially scared me because it seemed so far out of reach, especially during the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic when I was in high school. Nevertheless, I continued to dream, and I’m incredibly proud that my 20-year-old self achieved it! ✨?

Living alone in a foreign country far from home was challenging, but it taught me invaluable lessons. I am grateful to the friends, mentors, and professors I met along the way, as well as the Korean government for granting me this opportunity for growth. Receiving a scholarship in South Korea is an experience I will always cherish. If I get the chance, I will visit this wonderful country again because it feels like a part of me now. I’ll always remember the steps I took and the memories I made during those transformative 4.5 months!

INHA University has been an exceptional place to learn. I’ve gained extensive knowledge, from understanding Korean society to learning the Korean language. This experience has pushed me to improve my Korean skills and has ignited a passion for pursuing a deeper understanding of Korean culture and language.

The supportive environment at INHA University, coupled with the rich cultural experiences, has broadened my horizons and equipped me with skills and insights that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I want to thank every friend and person I met during my study abroad journey, as well as all the professors and the Korean government, for giving me this incredible chance to grow.

One of the highlights of my experience was immersing myself in the local culture. From participating in traditional festivals to exploring historical landmarks, I gained a profound appreciation for Korea’s rich heritage. The warmth and hospitality of the Korean people made me feel welcome and at home, even though I was far from my own country.

Looking back, I am proud of how much I have grown during my time in South Korea. The challenges I faced and the triumphs I experienced have shaped me into a more resilient and adaptable person. This journey has reinforced my belief in the power of dreams and the importance of perseverance.

In the future, if I have the chance, I will visit South Korea more often because it feels like a part of me now. I’ll always remember the steps I took and the memories I made during those transformative 4.5 months. South Korea, with its vibrant culture, rich history, and incredible people, will always hold a special place in my heart. Here’s to more adventures and continued growth in the future! ?‍?

Retreived from Nasywa Alya Kharasani via LinkedIn