Ms. Oey has over 15 years of work experience, mostly in supply chain management. Before having decided to focus on her teaching career, she worked at Nestlé Indonesia as the Assistant Vice President—Demand & Supply Planning Dairy. She also obtained the CSCP certification (Certified Supply Chain Professionals) from APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society, currently known as the Association for Supply Chain Management).
Ms. Oey earned her Master of Engineering in “Industrial Engineering & Management” from the Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, in 1994 and was awarded “Eishiro Saito” Award for Outstanding Female Graduates. She earned a Master of Science from TU Delft, The Netherlands, in “System Engineering & Policy Analysis”.
She is now a faculty member in Binus Alam Sutra in International Business & Management, teaching Operation Management, Global Supply Chain Management, and Cross-cultural Management.
- Certified Supply Chain Professional(CSCP), APICS (2011-2016)
- Master of Science, System Engineering & Policy Analysis, TU Delft, The Netherlands
- Master of Engineering, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering, Tarumanagara University, Indonesia
RESEARCH & TEACHING INTERESTS
|· (Global) Supply Chain Management||· Cross-Cultural Management|
|· Operation Management||· Leadership & Human Capital Management|
|· Engineering Economics||· Thesis and internship advisory|
|· Introduction to Management and Business
2014 – Now. BINUS University, International Business & Management (IBM) Program Faculty Member
- (Global) Supply Chain Management.
- Operation Management
- Introduction to Management and Business
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Internship: IBM in Industry + Employability & Entrepreneur skill.
1995 – 1997, University of Tarumanagara, Civil Engineering Undergraduate & Magister Civil Engineering Program Lecturer
- Engineering Economics : Magister/S2 Teknik Sipil
- Quantitative Analysis in Construction Management: S1 Teknik Sipil.
- “Analysing Salesmen Itinerary with AHC clustering & VRP Algorithm – A case study of a confectionery supplier in Indonesia”, International Journal Of Industral & System Engineering, Inderscience, 31(3), 2019.
- “Evaluating international market selection with multi-criteria decision making tools – a case study of a metal company in Indonesia”, Int. Journal of Business Excellence, Inderscience, 16(3), 2018.
- “Production Process Evaluation of a Job Shop Fabrication Line – a Case Study at a Door Manufacturer”, International Journal of Industrial Research and Applied Engineering (JIRAE), Petra University, 3(1), 2018.
- “Jales Veva Jaya Mahe : A Case of An Indonesia Fishery Supply Chain”, Binus Case Centre, BINUS, 2018.
- “Lean implementation in traditional distributor warehouse – a case study in a FMCG Company in Indonesia”, Journal of Business Process & Management, Inderscience, 8(1), 2018.
- “PT Summarecon Agung Tbk : The Constant Pursuit of Perfection”, Binus Case Centre, BINUS, 2017.
- “New Product Development: The Arch Gate to Business Sustainability – a case of a confectionery brand in Indonesia”, Journal of Business Excellence, Inderscience,13( 3), Sep 2017.
- “Performance measurement system using Balanced Score Card and tracking Tool – a case study in a pharmaceutical company”, International Journal Of Logistics System & Management, Inderscience, 26 (4), Mar 2017.
- “Evaluating Import Cargo Performance through Tanjung Priok Sea Port vs Cikarang Dry Port – A case study in a FMCG Company in Indonesia”, International Journal Of Logistics System & Management, Inderscience, 26 (3), Feb 2017.
- “PT Nestle Indonesia : Creating Shared Value for Indonesian Coffee Farmers”, Binus Case Centre, BINUS, 2016
- “Selecting Regional Postponement Centre Using PESTLE-AHP-TOPSIS Methodology – a case study in a pharmaceutical company”, Global Business Review, Sage, Vol 17(5) 2016
- “Simulation Approach to the Performance Evaluation of an Industrial Port System” , Simulation Conference “WORKSIM 94” , AIT, Bangkok
2016 – Now : Professional Trainer (ad-hoc basis)
June 2012 – Dec 2012 :
Client : PT Nestle Indonesia for Project : “Brand Portfolio and SKU Optimization”
Oct 2002 – Aug 2011 , PT Nestle Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia
Demand & Supply Planning Manager – Dairy BU, PT Nestle Indonesia (Jan07-Aug 2011)
Serves as supply chain link for Dairy Business Unit, in particular for demand and supply planning of Nestle Indonesia’s Dairy products (contributes 60-70% of NI portfolio). Main tasks are :
- Lead Demand Planning process for Dairy BU:
- Manage & liaise with sales and marketing to get the consensus demand plan and support Dairy business unit overall target.
- Liaise with financial controller to translate the consensus demand plan into financial key figures.
- Lead Supply Planning process for Dairy BU i.e.:
- Coordinate Capacity Management to make sure long term capacity and investment are in place to support the business process objective.
- Manage and negotiate with Inter Market partners for imported supplies as well as exported goods.
- Manage with factory to make sure Master Production Scheduling for locally produced goods are in place in the most cost effective way.
- Manage the distribution requirement planning to all RDCs to get optimum service level and working capital.
Strategic Demand Planning Manager, PT Nestle Indonesia (Jan05 – Dec06)
- Lead demand planning process for domestic finish goods, which includes statistical analyses for baseline forecast and liaise with sales and marketing for getting demand uplift.
- Own and conduct monthly forecast review meetings to get consensus demand planning.
- Liaise with Finance for dynamic forecasting exercises and projection of real internal growth.
- Analyze and provide relevant information to Senior Management; highlight gaps; ensure actions and Demand Plans are realistic and achievable.
- Challenge the existing and implement improvements to Demand and Supply Planning processes and tools to deliver tangible benefits (e.g.: time savings, increased efficiencies etc).
Transport Planning and Improvement Manager, PT Nestle Indonesia (Mar04 – Dec04)
- Regular Tariff Review/negotiation and Market Intelligence for domestic transportation services – liaise with Purchasing Department.
- Managing master data and pricing condition for SAP Transportation module.
- Continuous Improvement agent for end-to-end process of domestic transportation.
- Managing Performance Monitoring and Measuring of Transportation KPIs.
- Analyze and make improvement towards domestic transportation strategy.
Reversed Logistics Manager, PT Nestle Indonesia (Oct02 – Feb04)
- Managing and supervising the process of recovery and salvaging market return of the products in the substandard warehouses.
- Managing and supervising repacking process of the damaged products in the Repack Warehouses.
- Optimizing and analyzing the overall operation of all the substandard and Repack warehouses, by balancing the cost and salvage/recovery value, while also take into consideration on Safety, Quality and Environmental aspects.
- Lead and Supervise outsourcing process with 3rd Party warehouse providers.
- Analyze the overall flow and performance of reverse logistics (market return, repacking, delivery rejection, etc)
Jan 2002 – Jul 2002, Trainee (Final Thesis Project), Europe Combined Terminal (ECT), Port Of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Develop conceptual framework for performance measurement system for Maintenance Management.
- Involve in specification building and implementation of maintenance control board/Cockpit and reporting with SAP PM and SAP BW.
Jul 1997 – Aug 2000, Senior System Engineer, PT Thiess Contractors Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Preparation of tender and bids in internal estimation system.
- Setup and Maintain Project Cost Management System (Siteman).
- Maintain and Analyze Monthly Forecast of Project Profitability.
- Assist in Reporting Monthly Project Cash Flow to Management.
- Project Procurement and Subcontractor Evaluation & Reconciliation.
- Setup and Maintain Projects Planning, Scheduling and Resource Leveling
- Coordinate with Project Sites and Subcontractors in Progressing/Updating Project Schedule.
- Setup and Coordinate Project Quality Management System (as per ISO9002)
Jan 1995 – Jun 1997, Planning & Industrial Engineer, PT Branta Mulia, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Supporting Production Department for data management & trouble shooting for common Industrial Engineering problems, such as : capacity utilization, plant layouting, manning estimation, Cost Analysis, etc..
- Periodic report to management for plant performance.
- Coordinate amongst related departments (i.e. : Marketing, Purchasing, Production, & Technical) for production planning and control function.
- Supervise production scheduling and line balancing.
- Work in team from different departments for major trouble shooting of plant problems, serving mainly in data management & quantitative analysis, such as : Cost Reduction Project, Machine Efficiency Project, Etc.
1992 – 1993, Civil Engineer, PT Tripatra Engineering, Jakarta, Indonesia
1991 – 1992, Civil Engineer, PT Dacrea Mitrayasa, Jakarta,Indonesia
- Budget & technical specification preparation
- Planning & scheduling for construction works,
- Cost Control & Profitability Analysis