Written by Felicia Budi Mulyono

Semester 5 – International Business Management Student

Exploring the world does not mean we must go abroad, but how we can communicate and learn each other’s culture well, see how they act and speak. It was a great opportunity for me to participate as a volunteer at Solo International Art Camp 3 at the end of 2022 as Master of Ceremony (MC) for the informal session. SIAC itself is an inclusive global event aimed at nurturing the creative spirits of passionate artists worldwide. Its mission is to spotlight the immense talent within the arts, providing a platform for artists to cultivate their skills, receive tailored education, and build connections within a supportive global community. 

This event was held on December 22nd of December – January 5th, 2023 by JAGOAN INDONESIA FOUNDATION, which various artists attended from 19 countries including Singapore, Japan, Thailand, India, Netherland, China, German, etc. Not only painter but SIAC 3 also attended by a sculptor and digital artwork artist. This indicates that art is expanding, not only contemporary but also able to keep up with the technology.

From my experience, I can learn more about the style of artists around the world, their cultures. Because we have to communicate in English it helps me practice my english skills as an International Business student. And this is even more interesting because volunteers are also invited to explore the beauty of Solo city, such as the Keris Museum, Tumurun Museum, Cetho Temple, Triwindu Market, Kampung Batik Kauman, and other interesting tourist attractions.

International Art Camp is usually held every 2-3 years in Central Java, where this event will open volunteers for students in Indonesia to participate, practice language skills, and gain more networks. For further information you can check on @internationalartcamp’s Instagram. And This are several session in Solo International Art Camp 3 2022 :

SIAC 3 2022 Workshop Session

SIAC 3 2022 Artist Talk Session

SIAC 3 2022 Cultural Costume Session and Traditional Dance Performance by Semarak Candrakirana

SIAC 3 2022 City Tour to Pasar Triwindu and Candi Cetho