Jeff Bezos: We Can’t Choose the “Passion” That We Want

Jeff Bezos, founders and CEOs of e-commerce from the United States Amazon as well as airlines as well as foreign airlines services Blue Origin says passion or interest is something that cannot be chosen.

“Passion is the one who chose you,” Bezos said in a video uploaded by Blue Origin on Youtube, as quoted from CNBC, Friday (02/08/2019).

“I think we all have desires, and you can’t choose that. But you will have to choose it. You have to find that passion,” Bezos explained.

Bezos also said, space is his passion. Since the age of 5, when Neil Armstrong first set foot on the moon, Bezoss claimed to have felt passion about space, rockets, rocket engines and space travel.

“The idea of ​​going to the moon is very unlikely, people use the phrase going to the moon as a metaphor of impossibility. What I hope for is that whatever you think you can do,” he said.

“I have learned to use the word”, impossible “very carefully.’ And I hope you take that attitude about your life, “he said, quoting a rocket researcher Wernher Von Braun.

Building an e-commerce business is an effort to achieve his dream.

“I found the fact that website usage grew by 2,300 percent per year. I never saw or heard anything that grew so fast, and the idea of ​​building online bookstores with millions of titles – something that can’t be done existed in the physical world – very interesting me, “said Bezos.

After Amazon managed to make Bezos rich, he also created Blue Origin to reach the dream.

“The only way I can see this amount of money is to change the results obtained from Amazon into space travel. That’s the basis,” Bezos said.

At present, the value of Bezos’s wealth reaches 132 billion US dollars based on Forbes, and makes itself the richest human in the world.

“Blue Origin is quite expensive to be able to spend that wealth. Right now I am disbursing at least 1 billion US dollars every year from Amazon shares to fund Blue Origin. And I plan to continue doing it for a long time,” he said.

Mutia Fauzia