Exploring Bangkok

By: Carin Kartika (Student of International Marketing)

8 September 2017, a whole free day given to us during the whole study tour to Thailand. I feel so grateful and bless that day because I got to explore a lot of places in Bangkok. I started my day at 6 in the morning takes time to take a bath and prepare myself. And with three of my friends, we have cup noodle for our breakfast and start to one by one complete our bucket list.

First, we go to Platinum Fashion Mall

My friend recommended this place before I go to Thailand. She said that I should spend a day roaming around the mall. Here I observe that there are a lot of tourist here, even a lot are from china. And thus my curiosity arise ‘why did the shop here?’ so I goggle some blogs and ask my friend who has been both to china and Thailand. And found out that, Thailand has more fashion sense and cope up more with the trend rather than in china. Even if you can find the same thing in both countries because I’m sure most of the goods sold are made in china. But the way that Chinese showcase their fashion stuff and goods are not as good as the shopping mall in china.

There I also tried MC DONALD’S and I was surprise because there is pork burger there and the size of the regular burger set is the same as the size of an upsized burger set in Indonesia and I also didn’t see any fried chicken in that MC Donald’s.

We also go to one of the famous night food market (Khaosan Road). There you can find a lot of famous Thailand street food like; pad Thai, mango sticky rice, pomegranate juice, thai insect street food. Here I observe that there are more western tourist than Asian. And I assume because the street looks like streets in Bali that there are a lot of bars and live music café. Thus I conclude that Asian tourists and western tourists have 2 main distinguish characters;

1. Asian tourists like to shop more during their holiday In Thailand
  2. Western (American) tourists like to enjoy their time, chill and hangout rather than to do shopping. (They shop less)