The International Business Management program at Binus Business School is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of global business concepts and practices. The program is structured across eight semesters, ensuring that students develop the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in the field.
In the first two semesters, students are introduced to Binus higher education and core courses, which lay the foundation for their future studies. These courses cover essential subjects such as economics, accounting, management, and marketing, providing students with a strong basis in the fundamentals of business. There are 14 credits of Binus Higher Education courses and 46 credits of Management Core courses.
As students progress to semesters three, four, and five, they delve deeper into specialized areas through streaming, minor programs, and free electives. This allows students to tailor their education to their interests and career goals by choosing from various subjects related to international business management, such as finance, operations, human resources, and more.
During semesters six and seven, students participate in the enrichment track, which offers hands-on experience in the form of internships, study abroad opportunities, or community development projects. These experiences enable students to apply their classroom knowledge to real-world situations, fostering a deeper understanding of international business practices and enhancing their problem-solving skills.
During semesters six and seven of the International Business Management program at Binus Business School, students participate in the enrichment track. This track provides practical experience and exposure to real-world situations, helping students apply their academic knowledge and develop essential skills for their future careers. The enrichment track offers a variety of options, allowing students to choose the path that best aligns with their interests and career goals:
- Internship: Gain valuable work experience and build professional networks by interning at a local or international company. This hands-on experience helps students understand the practical aspects of their chosen field and enhances their employability.
- Entrepreneurship: Develop and launch a business venture, either individually or as part of a team. This option allows students to cultivate their entrepreneurial spirit, learn how to turn innovative ideas into reality, and acquire essential business management skills.
- Research: Conduct in-depth research on a topic relevant to international business management. This option helps students hone their research, analytical, and critical thinking skills, which are crucial for success in both academia and the business world.
- Community Development: Participate in projects aimed at improving the well-being of local communities. This option allows students to develop their leadership, teamwork, and project management skills while making a positive impact on society.
- Study Abroad: Immerse yourself in a different culture and academic environment by studying at a partner institution overseas. This option provides students with a global perspective and an opportunity to expand their network and enhance their cross-cultural communication skills.
- Further Study: Pursue additional courses or certifications to deepen your knowledge in a specific area or gain expertise in a complementary field. This option allows students to broaden their skillset and increase their marketability in the job market.
- Micro Credential*: Earn micro-credentials by completing short, focused courses that demonstrate your competency in a specific skill or subject area. These credentials can be an effective way to showcase your expertise and make your resume stand out.
- Certifications*: Obtain industry-recognized certifications that validate your knowledge and skills in a particular domain. These certifications can help you stand out to potential employers and open up new career opportunities.
- Industry’s Courses: Enroll in courses offered by industry professionals or organizations to gain specialized knowledge and skills relevant to your chosen field. These courses can help you stay current with the latest trends and best practices in your industry.
By offering a wide range of enrichment options, the International Business Management program at Binus Business School ensures that students graduate with a diverse skill set and the practical experience necessary to excel in their chosen careers.
Finally, in the eighth semester, students are required to complete a thesis. This capstone project allows them to synthesize their learning from the entire program and demonstrate their ability to conduct independent research on a topic relevant to international business management. The thesis serves as a culmination of their academic journey, showcasing their mastery of the subject matter and readiness to enter the global business arena.
Overall, the International Business Management program at Binus Business School offers a well-rounded and rigorous curriculum designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in the dynamic world of international business.