Located in the heart of Jakarta’s capital city and part of Faculty of Business in Binus International, the International Business program (IB) is designed to encourage students to excel their competencies in business-related content in an International environment. The program offers a Double Degree, Study Abroad, or Master Track program in various international partner universities. The experience of learning and traveling creates working opportunities through global internships and prepares our students to develop their cross-cultural skills as potential managers and professionals.
The program is designated to cater the ASEAN related subjects, which accommodates the need to equip the level of understanding to business, as well as cultural aspects in Southeast Asian region. This aligns with the application of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) in 2016 for all ASEAN members with “learning by experiencing” that is embedded in our curricular such as South East Asian Culture with Passage 2 ASEAN (P2A) Program, entrepreneurial skills obtained throughout selected core classes such as Entrepreneurship classes, Export Import (XCulture) and many others, in which students are expected to grasp a wide range of business environment understandings, both in ASEAN region and worldwide.
Through these hybrid teaching approaches, students are also exposed to global business applications and practices from around the world. The program is taught by well qualified academics from some of the most prestigious business schools and with rich industry experience. The program also extensively draws upon the teaching experience of its international collaborative partner universities. Our international learning experiences prepare our graduates to successfully engage with prestigious SMEs and multinational organizations.
The International Business program encourages students to undertake Double Degree, Study Abroad, or Master track programs in various international partner universities. The experience of traveling, living and/or even having internship abroad will bring opportunities for students to develop their cross-cultural skills. Moreover, students are expected to be exposed to different business applications and practices from different countries.
The International Business curriculum is designed to meet high expectation of concise yet comprehensive context in global business environment and entrepreneurial mindset. The program introduces 3+1 scheme, which enable students to undergo a 3-year in-class method, and a 1-year out-campus experience. The four-year study program is intended to equip students with the fundamentals of international business and management competencies and understanding of doing business in an international context, combined with an in-depth cultural experience. All case studies, readings, and textbooks, related to Southeast Asian (ASEAN) and Entrepreneurship are carefully selected to enhance the students’ global perspectives. In this program, they will learn practical skills and theoretical knowledge in international business to meet industry standards.
Head of program
“The International Business Program is one of the programs that offer applicative and updated courses related to the business context in Southeast Asia as well as worldwide. Our students are equipped with hands-on business application and entrepreneurial skills, which enable them to develop creativity and a business-sense capacity. Supported by qualified lecturers from various nations and international standard facilities on campus, the International Business Program welcomes prospective students to pursue their goals in developing an international business perspective.” – Marko S. Hermawan, MIB, PhD – Head of the International Business Program
To be an internationally recognized International Business Program in the Southeast Asian region
In pursuing its vision, the International Business program provides:
- International exposure in academic activities through double degree and study abroad programs
- Internationally qualified graduates with innovative and entrepreneurial skills
- ASEAN business and entrepreneurial applied research and scholars
The objectives of the International Business program are:
- To nurture graduates competency with international business practices and to be able to work in an international environment equipped with cross cultural skill
- To enhance innovative and creative mindset in applying business knowledge in international context
- To expose students to Southeast Asian business and entrepreneurial experiences
- To create ethical professionals and entrepreneurs with high social awareness
- To provide students with competitive attributes and ability to communicate effectively in a global environment
- To provide graduates with ICT competencies and skills required to compete in the international market
Upon successful completion of this 4-year program, students are expected to be able to:
- Describe and articulate management principles and practices.
- Interpret and analyze current ASEAN and global business issues.
- Apply critical thinking with ICT techniques in business practices and problem solving through applied research and case studies.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audience in both written and verbal formin cross-cultural society.
- Apply leadership, team-working and entrepreneurial skills in global context
- Explain and apply professional, ethical and social responsibilities in international environment
- Identify, design, and implement creative and innovative approaches and strategies in business decision making
Last updated :