Tatum Syarifah Adiningrum, M.Ed. (L&M)
Ph.D. Cand. (UoA), M.Ed (L&M) (Flinders), S.IP (Unair)
Faculty Member – International Business
Location: (On PhD Sabbatical Leave)
Tatum has both industrial and small-business experience. She worked in marketing and external relations in a language school in Surabaya for over 7 years while also grew a family business in retail. However, she always has the passion in education sector, and decided to pursue a Masters of Education in 2006. She joined Binus International in 2010 as Development Coordinator, working in curriculum design and professional development for lecturers. She joined the International Business program at the same time, and teaching Research Methodology and Managing across Cultures. She was appointed as the Head of Learning Development in 2012, working closely with Head of Programs in the curriculum and pedagogical development of Binus International. She received the New Zealand ASEAN Scholarship in 2015, and pursuing her PhD in Education in the University of Auckland from 2015 until now.
2015 – present – University of Auckland, Doctor of Education (Ph.D). Centre of Learning and Research in Higher Education
2006 – 2008 – Flinders University, South Australia; Master of Education, Leadership and Management (M.Ed L&M)
1996 – 2000 – Airlangga University, Indonesia; Bachelor of Political Science, majoring in International Relations
Tatum’s research interests are academic integrity, professional development in higher education, human resources management, and undergraduate skills. Her dominant research methodology is qualitative and mixed methods.
Managing Across Culture
Introduction to Management
OTHER ONGOING PROJECT
- Researcher in INDOPED Project, an European Union project testing the implementation of European teaching and learning methods in Indonesia.
- Adiningrum, T.S. (2015). Reviewing plagiarism: An input for Indonesian higher education. Journal of Academic Ethics, vol 13 (1), pp. 107-120.
- Adiningrum, T.S., Wihardini, D. & Warganegara, D.L. (2013). Awareness or understanding? A case study of assessing Indonesian academic staff understanding of plagiarism. Education and Society 31 (1) pp 69-81.
- Adiningrum, T.S. (2012). Psychic distance in international business: An outdated concept?. Telaah Manajemen: Jurnal Riset dan Konsep Manajemen vol 7 (2), hal. 165-177.
- Adiningrum, T.S. & Kutieleh, S. (2011). Understanding and managing plagiarism between East and West. Journal of Academic Language and Learning, 5 (2), pp. A88-A98.
- Adiningrum, T.S. (2011). Deliver it right: The importance of communication skills to 21st century educational leaders. Telaah Manajemen: Jurnal Riset dan Konsep Manajemen vol 6 (1), hal. 79-86.
- Adiningrum, T.S. (2015). Para-Academic Development: Engaging Part-Time Faculty in an Indonesian Private University in Developing their Teaching, paper presented at the Postgraduate Symposium, Faculty of Education and Social Work, the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- Ramadhan, A.S & Adiningrum, T.S. (2014). Methods Development of Indonesian Research in Business and Management Published in National Accredited Journal (2002-2010), paper presented in 12th Euroasia Business and Economic Society, Singapore.
- Adiningrum, T.S & Kutieleh, S. (2012). Understanding plagiarism: Only if I have to…, paper presented in the 9th International Conference on Language, Development and Identity, Bandung Institut of Technology, Bandung, Indonesia.
- Adiningrum, T.S., Wihardini, D. & Warganegara, D.L. (2011), Exploring Plagiarism Awareness and Its Impact on Assessment Design: A Case Study of an Indonesian Business School, paper presented in the 37th International Association for Educational Assessment Annual Conference, Manila, the Philippines.
- Adiningrum, T.S & Kutieleh, S. (2011). How Different Are We?
Understanding and Managing Plagiarism between East and West, paper presented in the Association for Academic Language and Learning Conference, Adelaide, South Australia.
Adiningrum, T.S. (2009, 13 June). Mendidik Masyarakat Indonesia Sadar Plagiarisme (Educating Indonesian to be aware of Plagiarism). Kompas newspaper.
Head of Learning Development – 2011 – 2015
- Setting target of curriculum and syllabus review
- Liaise with Dean, Head of Program, Program Coordinator, and faculty members of each school and other related parties in all aspects of curriculum and professional development programs
- Design academic policy and procedure to promote better teaching and learning process to comply with international accreditation requirement
- Design and deliver Lecturer Development Workshops
- Review and approve faculty external training requests
- Maintaining database and designing program to accelerate attaintment of Jabatan Fungsional Dosen
Development Coordinator – 2010 – 2011
- Assist Head of Development, Head of Program, Program Coordinator, and faculty members of each school and other related parties in all aspects of curriculum and professional development programs
- Assist in the organization of workshops/trainings for the curriculum and professional learning development programs
- Review and audit improved syllabus of all undergraduate and graduate programs corresponding to the approved curriculum
- Assist in the organization and review of activities & opportunities related to curriculum and professional development in teaching and learning
- Assist in the development and implementation process of procedures/policies in all aspects of teaching and learning
External Relations Manager – IALF Surabaya 2008-2010
- Liaising with scholarship funding bodies cooperating with IALF, such as ADS, NZAID, AED and CINOP
- Monitoring progress of scholarship funding students through meetings and questionnaires
- Designing and delivering IALF Scholarship Workshop
- Introducing IELTS as a reliable and accessible English language test to students, academics and the public through presentations, workshops, seminars and exhibitions
- Expanding network with educational institutions, local and international
- Updating information to students and contacts through traditional and electronic channels
- Creating and maintaining client database
- Coordinating marketing initiatives, managing a team of three sub-ordinates
- Coordinating with other departments on marketing and customer service activities
Marketing Officer – IALF Surabaya 2001 – 2006
Jul 2002–Jun 2006 Marketing Officer
Marketing and promotion planning
- Made plans and controlled promotional materials
- Coordinated with other departments in marketing and customer service activities
- Recruited part-timer, if needed
SCHOLARSHIPS, GRANT AND ACADEMIC AWARDS
2015 New Zealand ASEAN Scholarship awardee to study PhD in Education at the University of Auckland, New Zealand
2013 National Seminar and Discussion – Dealing with Plagiarism in Indonesian Higher Education Institutions. Funding for professional development activity with Suparto. Alumni Reference Group, AusAID.
2013 Internationalisation of Indonesian Higher Education Institution. Seed funding research grant with Fatimah Husein. Alumni Reference Group, AusAID.
2011 Exploring Plagiarism Awareness and Its Impact on Assessment Design: A Case Study of an Indonesian Business School. Mentoring Research Grant with Diah Wihardini and Dezie Warganegara, as mentee. BINUS International.
2013 Methods Development of Indonesian Research in Business and Management Published in National Accredited Journal (2002-2010) Mentoring Research Grant with Ahmad Seiichi Ramadhan, as mentor. BINUS International.
2013 Best Employee Award, Bina Nusantara University
2012 Best Lecturer Award, Binus International
2006 Australia Development Scholarship (ADS) awardee to study Master of Education at Flinders University, Australia
1998 Indonesia Canada Youth Exchange Program, cooperation between Canada World Youth and the Ministry of Education and Culture
ACADEMIC JOURNAL REVIEWER
- Journal of Academic Ethics
Australia Association Research in Education
Published at :