Nurianna Thoha, MBA, DBA
DBA (Curtin), MBA (UofO), Ir (IPB)
International Business Subject Content Coordinator & Lecturer
Location: Room 402, 4th floor,
Binus International, JWC Campus, Jl. Hang Lekir I No. 6, Senayan, Jakarta, Indonesia
Nurianna Thoha got a Doctoral degree in Business Administration from Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia in 2006. She got a Bachelor Degree in Agro economics from Bogor Agriculture Institute, Indonesia in 1985 and her MBA degree from University of Oregon, USA in 1989. Most of her 28 year career has been spent with Education institutions and Consulting companies in Indonesia. She had teaching experience in wide range of subjects in human resources management, leadership and organizational behavior, and qualitative research at different education levels. She worked at School of Business and Management/SBM ITB as a lecturer and administered Executive MBA Programs at SBM ITB Jakarta campus for four years. She had done some research and wrote articles and papers on Human Resource Management practices in Indonesia, Generation Y motivation, and on Qualitative Research Method and presented them widely at international conferences and seminars.
Nurianna’s experience in dealing with Government of Indonesia officials has been extensive through her four year engagement with 12 Government of Indonesia Institutions (Ministries and other institutions) and five provincial areas (Aceh, Papua, West Papua, East Nusa Tenggara, and West Nusa Tenggara) while she worked at Australia Awards (previously was known as Australian Development Scholarships) as the Human Resource Development National Manager. Currently she works as a faculty member at International Business/Faculty of Business, BINA NUSANTARA University. During the last two years, in July, she was invited as a visiting Professor for Hanyang University International Summer Program in Seoul, South Korea.
Nurianna’s research interests are human resources management, organizational behavior, leadership, and qualitative research.
- ARG (Australian Alumni Reference Group)
- Thoha N. & Lubis A. T. (2016) “Students’ Perception on Teaching Quality of Expatriate and Indonesian Lecturers in International University in Jakarta, Indonesia “ will be published in International Journal of Economic Research – ISSN: 0972-9380 : Scoups Index Journal and JEL Index, print + online publication in Vol.13 no: 1 (2016) issue.
- Indriati F., TjakraatmadjaH, Rudito B, & Thoha N. (2015) “Exploring Lecturers’ Antecedents and Barriers to Knowledge Sharing Behavior” will be published inInternational Journal of Economic Research – ISSN: 0972-9380: Scopus Index Journal and JEL Index, print + online publication in Vol.12 no: 4.
- Indriati F., Tjakraatmadja, J.H., Rudito B., & Thoha N. (2015) “Measuring the effect of Equality Matching Relationship on Lecturer’s Knowledge Sharing Behavior” published inMediterranean Journal of Social Sciences Vol 6 No 6 November 2015. (http://www.mcser.org/journal/index.php/mjss/issue/view/185).
- Thoha N., & Hutapea, P. (2015) “Familiarization Studies: Critical Components in Conducting Successful Fieldwork” Published in Advanced Science Letters, 1 April 2015, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 667-671(5) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1166/asl.2015.5945(http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/asp/asl/2015/00000021/00000004/art00020?token=00441a86c09de8441c7b76504c486667255c23792f536c632d386a333f25764eca2a).
- P. Hutapea, & Thoha N. (2013) ”Praktek Complex Adaptive Sysem (CAS) pada Pabrik Gula di Lampung” published in Jurnal Manajemen, vol 3 No.1, p 60-75. ISSN: 2089-3477.
- Thoha, N. (2009) “Investigating the Transcription and Translation’s Issues for an Australian PhD Conducting Interviews in Bahasa Indonesia” published in Jurnal Manajemen Teknologi, Vo 8 No 2.http://journal.sbm.itb.ac.id/index.php/mantek/article/view/99
- Bickley and Thoha N. (2007) “HRM Transition in Indonesian Companies Following the Asian Financial Crisis” Published in Journal of Global Strategic Management, Volume 1, Number 1, p. 75-86. http://www.isma.info/uploads/files/075-hrm-transition-in-indonesian-companies-following-the-asian-financial-crisis.pdf
- Thoha N., Hutapea P., & Whiteley A. (2006) “The Emergence of Non-Linear Theory in Human Resource Management” Published in Jurnal Manajemen Teknologi, Volume 5, Number 2, p. 93-107.
- Thoha N., Bickley M & Whiteley A. (2006) “HRM Transition in Indonesian Companies: Linear and Non-Linear Approaches” Published in International Review of Business Research Papers Journal, Volume 2, Number 1, p. 1-15, 2006. (Can be accessed atbizresearchpapers.com.htm, May 2006 edition).
- Thoha N. (2005) “The Barriers and Enablers to the Transition from Personnel Administration to Strategic Human Resource Management Practices: A Study of Large Indonesian Companies” Published in Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government Volume 11, Number 2, p. 51-64.
- Thoha N, Rasidi, D, A (2017) “Discovering The Relationship Among Vrooms’ Motivational Factors Perceived by Generation Y (A Case Study in Corporate Service Organizations Within the Greater Jakarta Area, Indonesia), published in proceedings of the 5th Global Conference on Business and Social Sciences, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 4th-7th May. ISBN: 978-967-13147-0-8.
- Avandana, I.M.N.W, Thoha N (2016) “The Effect of Project Managers’ Leadership Styles on Project Management Performance (Case Study on PLTU XYZ 2 X 30 MW)” published in proceedings of the 4thGadjahMada International Conference on Economics and Business (GAMAICEB), Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 25-27 November 2016. ISSN 2548-7965.
- Tan, B.S.C, Thoha N (2016) “Exploring Workplace Motivational Factors Perceived by Generatoion Y to Work as Future Talent in Companies in Indonesia (A Case Study of Undergraduate Students in Greater Jakarta Area)” published in proceedings of the 4thGadjahMada International Conference on Economics and Business (GAMAICEB), Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 25-27 November 2016. ISSN 2548-7965.
- Thoha N. & Hutapea P (2014) “Familiarization Studies: Critical Components in Conducting Successful Fieldwork” Published in proceedings of the International Conference on Management, Hospitatily & Tourism, and Accounting – IMHA, Bandung, Indonesia, September 3-4.
- Thoha N. (2010) “Challenges in Achieving Gender Balance within ADS Applications” Joint International Seminar – Women in Local Governance and Its Contribution to Good Governance: Challenges and Models to Global Governance, Universitas Muhammadiyah, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 15 October.
- Thoha N. (2007) “Interviewing in Bahasa Indonesia for an Australian PhD: Transcription and Translation Issue” Published in proceedings of the 4th International Qualitative Research Convention, Malaysia, September, 3-5.
- Bickley M. & Thoha N. (2006) “HRM Transition in Indonesian Companies Following the Asian Financial Crisis” Published in proceedings of International Strategic Management Conference Istanbul, Turkey, June 8-10.
- Thoha N., & Whiteley A. (2005) “Linear and Non-Linear Systems within the HRM Framework: An Indonesian Study” Published in proceedings of ANZAM Conference, Canberra, Australia, December 7-8
- Thoha N., Bickley M. and Whiteley A. (2005) “HRM Transition in Indonesian Companies: Linear and Non-Linear Approaches” Published in proceedings of International Business Research Conference, Sydney, Australia, Dec 5-8.
- Thoha N. (2005) “The Barriers and Enablers to the Transition from Personnel Administration to Strategic Human Resource Management Practices: A Study of Large Indonesian Companies” Published in proceedings of National Business Student Research Conference, Perth, Australia, Nov 10-11.
- Thoha N. (2005) “Issue of Interviewing in Bahasa Indonesia for an Australian PhD” Published in proceedings of National Business Student Research Conference, Perth, Australia, November 10-11.
- Thoha N. & Bickley M. (2005) “The Transition from Personnel Administration to Strategic Human Resource Management Practices in Large Indonesian Companies: Barriers and Enablers” Published in proceedings of ACREW Conference, Melbourne, Australia, June 24-25.
- Thoha, N. (2009) “Antara Kompetensi dan Emotional Intelligence” Published in Human Capital Magazine, Special Edition: 5th Anniversary, p.41.
- Hutapea P. & Thoha, N. (2008), “. Kompetensi Plus: Teori, Desain, Kasus, dan Penerapan untuk HR dan Organisasi yang Dinamis”, published by PT Gramedia Indonesia in September 2008. (in English:“Competency Plus: Theory, Design, Cases, and Its Application for HR and Dynamic Organization”).
- Thoha N. & Bickley M. (2005) “The Transition from Personnel Administration to Strategic Human Resource Management Practices in Large Indonesian Companies: Barriers and Enablers” Shifting the Boundaries of Employment and Work Conference, Australian Centre for Research in Employment and Work (ACREW), Melbourne, Australia, June 24-25.
Consultancy in Progress
YARSI, 2014 - current
Human Resources & Performance Management Systems
- International Journal of Language and Culture
Published at : Updated