Lena Choong Sook Lin, MBA
Deputy Head of Program – International Business
Telephone: +62-21-720-2222 ext: 3138
Location: room 402, 4th floor,
Binus International, JWC Campus, Jl. Hang Lekir I no. 6, Senayan, Jakarta, Indonesia
Lena has worked in multinational organizations (amongst others G4S – Malaysia) in various capacities. This has given her the opportunity to have well-rounded experiences in the areas of marketing, SOP, SEA role in training, projects, and project management for more than 15 years. She has worked in various industries, such as automotive manufacturing, education, logistics, and IT. She has been a Certified Professional Trainer (CPT) of the Malaysian Institute of Management (MIM) since 2008. This certification enables her to provide training certification for her trainees. She has conducted an in-house system application training equipped with a user manual guidebook throughout the Southeast Asian region.
Lena obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, minoring in Management, from Upper Iowa University (Iowa, USA) and later earned her Master in Business Administration degree from the University of Stratchlyde (Scotland, UK).
Lena has an outgoing personality and maintains an active and healthy lifestyle. She loves outdoor activities, including hiking and diving. She trains regularly at the gym and also practices yoga. When at home, she enjoys cooking, baking, and taking care of her dogs.
Assist Head of Program, in operational matters of the program
- ensure IB program meets the Performance Indicator based on Quarterly Report
- manage all student related affairs (students activities, alumni, immersion program, Passage to Asean)
- provide student consultation and approval for Dual Degree (Twinning) Program
- provide student consultation in CV writing
- attend Marketing promotional events
- ensure student quality based on Assessment Rubric process
- ensure all faculty member conduct peer observation per semester basis
- other administrative responsibilities
Faculty member responsibilities
- update academic syllabus
- design student assessment tools
- research in Cross Cultural Management area
- provide student’s thesis supervision
- provide general student advisory
Her research interest is in the area of Project Management in multinational business environments.
CPT – Malaysian Institute of Management (MIM)
Research in Progress
- Choong, L. & Hermawan, M. (2016). Mapping the terrain; the Indonesian business perspective on the ASEAN economic community.
- Case study Porsche : My DNA, my culture & career “race track” by Lena Choong Sook Lin, MBA and Dr. Nurianna Thoha.
- Being ‘Indonesian’; an Ethnographic Approach of Expatriate’s experience working in Jakarta by Lena Choong Sook Lin, MBA & Marko Hermawan, PhD, presented in The 3rd International Conference on Social Sciences, Law, Art and Humanities 2018 (ICSSLAH 2018)
- Teaching Competency for Business Educators: A Framework for Quality Assessment within Higher Education Institutions in ASEAN, Dr. Franklin G. Talaue, MA, Moo Kung Kim, MBA, Lena Choong Sook Lin, MBA
- Project Hatchery
- Introduction to Management and Business
- Business Communication
- Cross Culture Management
- Project management
Published at : Updated