New Doctor of Research in Management of BINUS UNIVERSITY for the Chinese New Year

Following the success of three doctors graduating from the Doctor of Research in Management (DRM) program in 2013, BINUS UNIVERSITY again held a doctoral examination, which produced the fourth doctor for the university. The examination was held on February 8 at the Anggrek Campus.

The examination was presided over by Prof. Dr. Ir. Harjanto Prabowo, MM, rector of BINUS UNIVERSITY. The doctoral examination was also attended by Prof. Dr. Mts. Arief, CPM and Prof. Bahtiar S. Abbas, Ph.D as the promoters, and also by Dr. Andreas Raharso, as the co-promoter.

“I am very happy I can finally finish my doctorate program. I would like to extend my gratitude to my family who have never stopped supporting me and also to my promoters who were never tired in pushing me to finish my thesis,” said Andy Lunarjanto, who presented and defended his dissertation “The Role of Performance Expectancy, Needs and Motivations, and Barriers to Innovations Adoption toward Media-Switch Intentions and Actual Use.”

The chair of the examination honored Andy Lunarjanto with a pass and with the title of Doctor. Andy got an A- and Highly Satisfactory. The criteria for passing the doctoral promotion examination are exposition of the revision and input after the closed-door examination, theoretical implication and managerial implication, performance during the examination, connection/consistency/the red line between chapters/sub-chapters and the overall revision of the dissertation. (BM)