People Innovation Excellence

Dina Sandri Fani, Integrity as the Essential Key to Successs

To commemorate Kartini Day, Binus Business School (BBS), make some students and alumnae’s profiles who share Kartini’s spirit through their life and their way to become successful in professional world. Hopefully, these profiles can inspire and motivates women to achieve their dreams.

For Dina Sandri Fani, integrity is essential and should be implemented in professional world. Fani is a Human Resources (HR) professional with more than 18 years experience, especially in Hospitality Industry. She currently works as Corporate HR and HR Head for Active Brands for a company with rapid improvement in HRD.

Fani started her career by working at a factory in Cibitung just after graduating from high school. Although she only had high school degree, she was accepted to work on HR division due to her excellent English skill. In less than a year, she moved to work as HR staff at a hotel in Batam. At this point, she realized that she can’t have a better career unless she has a bachelor degree. After that, she continued her study at Faculty of Law University of Indonesia with the expectation she can work independently in the future.

Fani struggled to obtain her Law Degree because she needed to earn money for her study by working as HR at a garment company. Since her father passed away when she was 11 years old and, she has learned to be strong and not easily whine.

After graduating from college, Fani tried to become an intern at a lawyer’s office. She only worked there for two years because she felt the law industry wasn’t right for her. She then returned to HR by working in hotel sector. She racked up laden experience as she worked for several well-known hotels, such as Accor Group (Ibis Kemayoran and Mercure Jakarta Kota), Milenium Sirih Hotel Jakarta as HR Director, and Shangri La Jakarta also as HR Director. On 2013, she moved to fashion retail industry when she joined Mitra Adi Perkasa (MAP) as General Manager Corporate Human Resources – Quality Management. Currently, she holds two positions, which are Senior GM Corporate HR at PT. Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk and HR Head at MAP Aktif Adiperkasa (MAP for sports brands).

Fani believes that there is no secret formula to advance your career, except high integrity. She added, “It’s not difficult to hire smart workers nowadays, yet it’s hard to find workers with good integrity. As a HR Head, I’m looking for a worker who at least possesses three factors, which are Integrity, Intelligence and Energy.”

Print

This applies for both men and women worker talents, as she believes that the social status is men and women are equal now. “Women’s access to obtain higher degree is wide open nowadays. Further, there are no gender discrimination in self-actualization and workforce. It’s now rare to see women who face the dilemma between becoming a career woman or a housewife,” she said.

Fani revealed that she always had a healthy competition at work, even with male co-workers. She was evaluated based on her performance and she never asks for a privilege or special dispensation due to her gender. “Competition at workplace is more about hard working, discipline and maximum performance at work,” she added.

She admitted that she never had any difficulties in her career. “As far as I’m concerned, everything is going well since I assessed my abilities before setting my ambition. If I feel my skills are not good enough, then I’ll never dream of being on top. Instead, I’ll learn as many things as I can to improve myself and work even harder. To reach the top of your career, relying on ambition and skills are not enough without good efforts and the process itself to the top,” Fani said.

According to Fani, professional women has to optimize their skills by learning as much as possible and dare to try new things. “Never asks for any dispensation only because we are women,” she said. Furthermore, skills that women should have as a leader are to manage their mindset so they can think rationally instead of emotionally as well as the capability to make decision and execute a plan to transform it into something concrete.

Those are advices given by Fani to fellow professional women in order to develop their career so they can pursue their dreams and equalize their social status with men. Kartini Day means a lot for her because she can learn many things from Kartini’s struggle during her life. “We should be proud of this commemoration day because she is the pioneer of women’s emancipation in Indonesia,” said Fani.

Other related articles:

Published at :
Leave Your Footprint

Periksa Browser Anda

Check Your Browser

Situs ini tidak lagi mendukung penggunaan browser dengan teknologi tertinggal.

Apabila Anda melihat pesan ini, berarti Anda masih menggunakan browser Internet Explorer seri 8 / 7 / 6 / ...

Sebagai informasi, browser yang anda gunakan ini tidaklah aman dan tidak dapat menampilkan teknologi CSS terakhir yang dapat membuat sebuah situs tampil lebih baik. Bahkan Microsoft sebagai pembuatnya, telah merekomendasikan agar menggunakan browser yang lebih modern.

Untuk tampilan yang lebih baik, gunakan salah satu browser berikut. Download dan Install, seluruhnya gratis untuk digunakan.

We're Moving Forward.

This Site Is No Longer Supporting Out-of Date Browser.

If you are viewing this message, it means that you are currently using Internet Explorer 8 / 7 / 6 / below to access this site. FYI, it is unsafe and unable to render the latest CSS improvements. Even Microsoft, its creator, wants you to install more modern browser.

Best viewed with one of these browser instead. It is totally free.

1. Google Chrome
    2. Mozilla Firefox
    3. Opera
    4. Internet Explorer 9
    Close