People Innovation Excellence

EQUIS Helps BBS Alumni Continue Their Study Oveseas

Today, investors have set their eyes on the education industry. This is in line with the belief many people hold that education is an investment. The result is an increasing number of business schools to meet the demand for them. Responding to this phenomenon, Bina Nusantara aims to provide quality education which produces graduates who are highly sought after by industries.

Indonesia is about to enter the ASEAN Free Market in 2015. BINUS has applied various innovations to prepare human resources to be highly competitive with overseas graduates. One method is their dissemination programs, such as the Information Session  held by BINUS Business School  on March 12, 2014.

The event started with a presentation by Firdaus Alamsjah, Ph.D. (Executive Dean of BINUS Business School). He briefly explained the history of the founding of the school and how it has strived to be where it is today.

“BINUS Business School is following international-standard curricula—EQUIS (The European Quality Improvement System). EQUIS is a global non-profit organization dealing with school accreditation. The organization specializes in high quality higher education institutions, especially business schools. The organization is managed and run by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). So, the curricula used in BINUS Business School programs are set following the standards for curricula set by international organizations, so that should the alumni plan to continue their education overseas, there is no adjustment required,” he explained.

The participants also got the chance to have a consultation about the School of Marketing, the School of Business and the School of Management.

Robert AB, the moderator of the School of Marketing, created a cozy atmosphere during his consultation sessions. He arranged the setting by having the participants sit on sofas outside the classroom. Robert said he opted to use experience learning to get more intimate with the participants.

“Here, I stressed that that once they have graduated from the School of Marketing, they are ready to be Creative Marketers. In the session, I asked them to think about and share information on something I wrote on a piece of paper. I wrote down IDR 140,000, then I asked the participants to make a strategy for deciding the proper price for a quality product. There are some elements we need to put into consideration to keep the price in line with the quality. How do we decide? Join our program in the School of Marketing,” Robert joked.

One of the participants of the School of Marketing consultation session was Nitya, a marketer at a PR agency in South Jakarta. “I got the information about this Info Session from my friend, and I immediately contacted BINUS Business School to ask about the details—when and where the event would be held.” The first impression Nitya had of the School of Marketing consultation session was that it was really interesting. “The explanation from Robert AB really answered some questions I had brought here from home.” This may sound simple, but it is this simplicity that helped Nitya decide to continue her study at BINUS Business School.  (KF)

Published at : Updated
Leave Your Footprint

Periksa Browser Anda

Check Your Browser

Situs ini tidak lagi mendukung penggunaan browser dengan teknologi tertinggal.

Apabila Anda melihat pesan ini, berarti Anda masih menggunakan browser Internet Explorer seri 8 / 7 / 6 / ...

Sebagai informasi, browser yang anda gunakan ini tidaklah aman dan tidak dapat menampilkan teknologi CSS terakhir yang dapat membuat sebuah situs tampil lebih baik. Bahkan Microsoft sebagai pembuatnya, telah merekomendasikan agar menggunakan browser yang lebih modern.

Untuk tampilan yang lebih baik, gunakan salah satu browser berikut. Download dan Install, seluruhnya gratis untuk digunakan.

We're Moving Forward.

This Site Is No Longer Supporting Out-of Date Browser.

If you are viewing this message, it means that you are currently using Internet Explorer 8 / 7 / 6 / below to access this site. FYI, it is unsafe and unable to render the latest CSS improvements. Even Microsoft, its creator, wants you to install more modern browser.

Best viewed with one of these browser instead. It is totally free.

1. Google Chrome
    2. Mozilla Firefox
    3. Opera
    4. Internet Explorer 9
    Close