People Innovation Excellence

CEO Speaks is the prove that BINUS is ready to become an Agen of Social Changes – Sudhamek AWS (Chairman of GarudaFood Group)

BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL organized another event titled CEO Speaks on Leadership. In this event, a CEO or someone from the top level management who comes from multinational or international company shared their experience and knowledge on the industry.

This time, CEO Speaks on Leadership brought forth Sudhamek AWS (Chairman of GarudaFood Group) to share his experience on leadership. He managed to grow together with GarudaFood Group and making it one of the most prominent private Food & Beverage companies in Indonesia.

In the event, which took place at BINUS Senayan Campus – The Joseph Wibowo Center, Sudhamek spoke about People, Culture, Change, Innovation and Execution. The title of his presentation was ‘From Success to Significance (Through Learning Culture)’. As he shared his experience, he stated that he really wish the participants can get an insight about business, in this period of time and the future.

At the beginning of the program, the charismatic leader said hi to the participants. “To tell you the truth, when I first entered the room I was a bit frightened. I saw the writing ‘FOOD AND DRINKS ARE NOT ALLOWED’. That’s my business they’re talking about,” he said with a laugh. The participants, including the dean, roared with laughter.

GarudaFood Group realized that in the future, the challenge on the business world will be different compared to the challenge they find today. That’s why educational institutions become an important tool to improve Human Resource quality.

Earlier, in 2004, BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL also brought Sudhamek AWS who was then listed as CEO GarudaFood to share his experience on CEO Speaks. However, this time his presence marked an even more interesting program. In addition to sharing his experience about the development and innovation of GarudaFood Group, he also signed an official agreement regarding the case study on GarudaFood Group which will be used on the studies conducted on BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL in the future.

“For me, CEO speaks is a very good forum and I have found a lot of improvements for the past nine years – from the students profiles to other developments from the institutions built by BINUS. I am honored to be able to share my experience on this CEO speaks, because as I said before, one of the most important rules of a corporation is by being an agent of social changes. And BINUS has applied it really well indeed. Therefore, I hope BINUS can continue to develop. BINUS is a relatively young educational institution, compared to other universities. However, the development is really amazing,” explained Sudhemak when we met him at the end of the event.

The case study which is titled “PT. GarudaFood: Nut Transformation” is one of the business cases in a local Indonesian context produced by BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL through the Case Center unit. At the moment BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL has produved more than 150 case studies and received an award from MURI in 2011 for the category of creating 100 Local Case Study within four years.

“We created the case study on GarudaFood because we want to document the part of the leader in transforming business in GarudaFood,” explained Dewi Tamara, Head of Case Center-BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL who is also the writer for GarudaFood case study. She is a professional who has had more than 30 years of experience on education in Indonesia. (KD)

Summary-CEO-Speaks---Garuda

Published at : Updated
Leave Your Footprint

Periksa Browser Anda

Check Your Browser

Situs ini tidak lagi mendukung penggunaan browser dengan teknologi tertinggal.

Apabila Anda melihat pesan ini, berarti Anda masih menggunakan browser Internet Explorer seri 8 / 7 / 6 / ...

Sebagai informasi, browser yang anda gunakan ini tidaklah aman dan tidak dapat menampilkan teknologi CSS terakhir yang dapat membuat sebuah situs tampil lebih baik. Bahkan Microsoft sebagai pembuatnya, telah merekomendasikan agar menggunakan browser yang lebih modern.

Untuk tampilan yang lebih baik, gunakan salah satu browser berikut. Download dan Install, seluruhnya gratis untuk digunakan.

We're Moving Forward.

This Site Is No Longer Supporting Out-of Date Browser.

If you are viewing this message, it means that you are currently using Internet Explorer 8 / 7 / 6 / below to access this site. FYI, it is unsafe and unable to render the latest CSS improvements. Even Microsoft, its creator, wants you to install more modern browser.

Best viewed with one of these browser instead. It is totally free.

1. Google Chrome
    2. Mozilla Firefox
    3. Opera
    4. Internet Explorer 9
    Close